Tuesday, October 1, 2013

CYG 2013- Day 1 Sunrise

Day 1: Sunrise. Titusville, Florida, 7:30 am. 

As I stood in my backyard snapping pictures of the sky, I was greeted by the sounds of birds, singing their morning song. This year, I'm reminded of the hope the sunrise brings to me. A fresh start, another chance to do something good. 

As I stood outside I reflected on how much has changed over the last year. Last year during the Capture Your Grief Project, my wounds were still fresh and raw. I was only 4 months out from losing Avery. Days were still very dark and light had to be searched for. Reflecting back, I pulled up my blog post from this day last year. And as much as things have changed, they also remain the same. 

Last year on my blog I wrote this about today, "Today’s sunrise gave me hope.  Hope that even though today is another day without her, I am still here and she will always be with me in my heart and in my mind.  Every morning, is a new day and a new day for me to remember and honor her." 

A year later, there are still dark days, but the light can be found without searching too hard. We have hope in a new baby come January and we continue to spread Avery's light and love to those around us. Remembering her and honoring her is always on the forefront of my mind. She is and will always be with me every sunrise and sunset until one day we are together again. 

1 comment:

  1. So so true, Crystal. I'm sick this morning, and I slept through the sunrise, but I'm going to try to start CYG tomorrow...I can't believe it's been an entire year since the first one I participated in either. So much has changed, and yet not.

    But there's always hope. And the future. And I'm so glad we can live it to its fullest for them.

    ReplyDelete