Sunday, January 6, 2013

Do you believe in Mom?

I read this on another baby loss mama's blog, http://twinkleoflight.blogspot.com/?m=1. Catherine gave me permission to repost.

In the belly of a pregnant woman, there were two babies. One of them asked the other:
-Do you believe in life after birth?
-Of course. Something must be after birth. Maybe we're here to prepare for what will occur later.
-Nonsense! There is no life after birth. What would that life be like?
-I don't know, but certainly, there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and will eat with our mouths.
-But that's absurd! Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous! The umbilical cord is the way to eat... I'll tell you one thing... life after birth is out of the question. The umbilical cord is too short.
-Instead I believe there has to be something. And maybe it will be different from what we're used to in here.
-But no one has ever returned from the afterlife, after being born. Birth is the end of life. And ultimately, life is nothing but a distressing existence in the dark that leads us nowhere.
-Well, I don't know exactly how it will be after birth, but surely we'll see MOM and she will take care of us.
-MOM? You believe in MOM? And where do you believe that she is now?
-Where? All around us! We're inside her and it's thanks to her that we're alive. Without her, this whole world would not exist.
-I still don't believe it! I've never seen MOM, so it only makes sense that she doesn't exist.
-Okay, but sometimes, when we're silent, you can hear her or feel that she is caressing our world. You know?... I think there is a real life that awaits us, and that we are only now preparing for it...

What a great illustration for believing in what we cannot see. While we cannot see God, we must trust that He there. He is in control and He is preparing our home for us. Just as we planned and prepared for our Avery, God is planning for us.

Today marks Avery's 7 month birthday. And while I ache so bad today and I still don't get why I don't get to have my amazing daughter with me, I have to trust that she is there with God in Heaven preparing a place for us to join them one day. That hope and trust helps me get through another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment