Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Project for 2013

2013 is here. I didn't want it to come and woke up this morning hating that time is once again pushing me. Seconds turn to minutes, minutes to hours, hours to days, days to weeks, weeks to months. Whether I hide under the covers or find ways to distract myself, time keeps ticking away. Nothing I do will stop time from pushing me forward.

I was having a rough morning. I wanted to hide but couldn't stand the thought of being stuck in the house with a case of the "why me's?" So my husband and I spent the day out shopping. We bought gym clothes (yep, I made that cliche resolution), browsed for furniture, had lunch, actually grocery shopped (first time in 6 months) and grilled out for dinner. It was a very nice day. It was a refreshing way to spend the day instead of sitting asking why or replaying what could have beens in my head.

Today got me thinking. To help me not spend time dwelling on the whys, every day for the next year, I am going to write down one thing I am thankful for and/or something good about the day. I need to focus on the positive. I need to do this for me, for my marriage and to honor my beautiful daughter. I plan to keep these together and monthly put the list together to reflect in and share here.

Here's to a positive 2013!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love this idea! The coming of 2013 is very bittersweet, but hopefully this year will hold good things for you and for me.

    ReplyDelete