Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 10: Symbol


This picture captures 2 symbols that remind me of Avery (although there are many more).  The first, being her pink “A.”  A week after we lost Avery, my husband decided to get a tattoo. When went to get the tattoo we picked out a pretty, hot pink script font for the tattoo and he had her name written on his wrist.  It is beautiful.  I want to get one too but still have to decide on it.  Anyway, we love the “A” design of the tattoo so we asked one of my aunts who works at a graphic company to make up big pink “A” stickers.  We have given these stickers to our friends and families for their cars.  We love them and like our pink bracelets, it makes me smile to see these around town.

The second symbol is a butterfly.  As cliché as it may sound, I feel like I see butterflies everywhere since we lost Avery.  It makes me smile to think that maybe she is sending them down to dance around me to make me smile.  It works! 

This picture is actually of the prayer flag I made for Carly Marie’s Luminous Light Ceremony that she is holding this weekend.  You can read more about it here.
I have lots floating around in my head and have been having a rough week but don’t have time to write more which I hate.  Hopefully soon I can get it out of my head and on paper so that I can process it better, I’m really overwhelmed with so many thoughts and feelings right now. I need a good mental/emotional release!

No comments:

Post a Comment