Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 5: Memorial


Today’s photo challenge was to post a picture of your child’s memorial.  This picture is of Avery’s headstone.  The headstone is something we put a lot of thought into as it really is the last item we get to purchase for her.  We wanted something unique and beautiful, just like her.  This picture was taken the day we revealed to our family that lives near us.  It was such a bittersweet moment. 
Avery’s gravesite is absolutely beautiful.  She is right behind “Baby Land;” still close to the other little ones gone too soon.  She is under an old oak tree so her area is always shady but her place stands out.  Her dark stone with pink details is one of a kind, just like her.  It really is a beautiful peaceful spot.  Whenever I need to just be, I go visit her.  And it warms my heart to know that others go there to visit as well.  At least once a week, when we arrive there is something new there for her.  Flowers, pinwheels, teddy bears, etc., I am never quite sure who leaves them but just knowing that she is loved and visited by so many brings tears to my eyes every time. 
While I know that Avery is where me everywhere I go, I still hate leaving town for multiple days.  I hate that I cannot just go to her place whenever I want when I am out of town.  I am very apprehensive as today I am packing for a weekend trip to Chicago.  I know that I don’t have to go to the cemetery to be with her but I always feel guilty if I’m not there as often.  However, I know she won’t be alone.  I know family and friends in town will stop by to say hi to her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment