Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 8: Jewelery


Yesterday’s photo challenge was to post a picture of any jewelery that you have to memorialize your child.  I have 3 pieces that are close to my heart, I have at least 2 of the 3 pieces on each day.  The item on the left is a necklace I wanted before Avery was even born.  I wanted a necklace to show the world I was a Mom.  I didn’t get a chance to order the necklace in the 6 short days Avery was with us.  After she passed, I wanted the necklace more than ever.  I needed something to show the world that even thought I will never been seen in public with my daughter again, that I am a mom.  It’s her initial, A, her birth date and her birthstone.  The one on the right is one I was able to purchase after an anonymous friend purchased a gift certificate for me to purchase something in Avery’s memory.  I love this necklace.  This necklace is almost opposite from the other.  Not only does it tell the world I am a mom, but it also tells the world I am a mommy to an angel.  It also has a verse that resonated with us after we lost Avery.  Lastly, the pink bracelet is one my husband designed and ordered for our family and friends.  It is pink, Avery’s color, has her full name and our verse.  This bracelet doesn’t leave my arm.  I love seeing our friends and family wearing their bracelets.  It always warms my heart.  Even better is when I see someone post a picture on Facebook and I can see their bracelet shining through. 

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 - Blessed be God, even the Father our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; who comforteth us in all our tribulation, theat e may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

Below are some pictures I took of Avery’s bracelet while on our weekend trip to Chicago. 
My husband's tattoo and my bracelet over Lake Michigan.

At the Navy pier with the Chicago skyline.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment